Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Art Discovery

I found some great resources to use for art with my 4 1/2 yr old. The main focus has been on art exploration.
We are currently using the book Primary Art: http://www.amazon.com/Primary-Art-Its-Process-Product/dp/0876592833 I was able to find it at my local library. The same author has another book entitled Preschool Art: It's the Process not the Product. My libary didn't have a copy of that book, but I've seen it at a few bookstores and it is packed with great activities.




We haven't focused on any artists yet, but it can easily be added in by using the Getting To Know The World's Greatest Artists series of books.


GiGi and I are having so much fun with art. It is such a joy to see how her writing and drawing skills are developing.



This is one of the projects found in Primary Art. It is a Penciled Watercolor --Pattern Design Blend.

4 comments:

Bright Ring, art book author MaryAnn Kohl said...

I noticed that you mentioned my book, "Primary Art" -- so glad you found it! Please let your friends know that they can get free projects from the book at my website, if they would enjoy the fun or are just curious. In fact, all 24 of my books have free projects on my website! The newest book is "Great American Artists for Kids" and the book is in full color with lots of art, oh my!!, lots!!!!!!

Keep up the good work, and I LOVE your penciled watercolor. Very nice.

MaryAnn Kohl
author

www.brightring.com
PS Free projects are under the button, "Free Art Activities" over on the left side of the home page. Keep an eye out for "Previous Activities" too.

Bright Ring, art book author MaryAnn Kohl said...

Your Penciled Watercolor is GREAT!!!

~ MaryAnn Kohl, author

Heather Mattern said...

What wonderful artwork! I am thrilled to have stumbled upon your blog.. so many great ideas!

fawad said...

The book you mentioned seems to be very useful and helps primary students to explore theirs skills and creativity.Yours penciled watercolor just gorgeous and nice.Thanks for your great post.
http://superioreducationz.com
Education Information